Shear Power Contracting Pty Ltd is a local, Goondiwindi based company specialising in Agricultural recruitment in the wider Southwest Queensland area.
We source farm employees, seasonal agricultural workers and general farm hands. We also provide farmers with suitable and promising people who have chosen a career in the agricultural industry.
Agricultural employment problems are a current reality, with many farmers finding it difficult to source people who are willing and able to take on Australian regional work. We have developed an international network over the last 15 years which has been successful in finding those elusive farm employees and seasonal agricultural workers. We have provided our valued clients with both short and long term farm employees.
Of course it helps when the company is owned and operated by lifelong local residents, who have grown up in the rural industry and are well aware of the many challenges of farm management faced in today’s ever changing landscape. This accurately describes the Shear Power Contracting Pty Ltd team.
To maximise and streamline the Agricultural recruitment process and to fill all available positions in agriculture, in our area we offer farmers…
• Sourcing of national, international and local farm employees – via our huge Australian and Overseas network; in addition to our local contacts.
• Pre-induction of farm hands and applicants – we carry out pre-inductions and we can even pre-induct potential farm employees with your induction.
• Occupational Health & Safety – Worker health and safety is now a huge ingredient in successful Agricultural recruitment. We can relieve you of the preliminary headaches in this now heavily regulated area. Of course, you will still need to provide a safe and healthy workplace that complies with current legislation.
• Payroll Service – Wages and payrolls are handled by us with your “paperwork” consisting of nothing more than a simple, itemised weekly invoice from us. This takes much of the complexity of managing agriculture recruitment away from you, letting you get on with what you do best – running your business!
• Industrial Relations – Your Industrial Relations worries are reduced, as we employ our people under our collective agreement which gives us and ultimately you, more freedom e.g. one-level pay scale which can avoid penalty rates.
These services are combined with an experienced team and innovative technology to provide you with a flexible and reliable workforce. We can even arrange quotations and designs for farm worker housing to ensure cost effective, portable accommodation. At Shear Power Contracting we work hard to take the complexity out of finding seasonal agricultural workers, farm hands and harvest employees.